Cyber Space is a domain generated from the interconnection of computers and telecommunication networks around the world. It is used to store, modify, and exchange data via networked and related physical structures globally, regardless of physical geography. India has seen many attacks on its critical installations and the misuse of social media and internet has brought home the threat of cyber-terrorism, which cyber security experts say the country is poorly equipped to handle. A major challenge to Cyber Space is Security.
The Cyber Security program focuses on technology, people, information, and processes to enable assured cyber operations in the context of adversaries. The program is built on a technical foundation of Computing and Information Technology.
- Build Skills related to cyber threat intelligence, digital forensics and risk management technology environment.
- In-depth knowledge of penetration testing, cyber forensics, malware reverse engineering and software vulnerability.
- The Socio-Ethical and legal aspects of Cyber Security.
- Analyse and Identify new and existing Cyber-Attacks and determine methods to mitigate them.
- Security Programmer
- Security analyst
- Penetration and vulnerability tester
- Forensic investigator
- Security consultant
- Malware Analyzer
- Information Security Manager
The following are the courses during B.Tech - Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security).